5 Things to Consider Before Developing Your Mobile App
- By Slava Vaniukov
- Mobile App Development
To stay successful with your business takes a lot of effort and investments, especially in highly competitive niches. To do that you always need to be aware of the latest market trends, improve your product or service quality, customer service and your business productivity. With all of these things, a custom mobile solution can help you.
Moreover, with a shift to mobile and increased mobile usage worldwide, you need to adapt your business to mobile trends and use this for your business profits. But deciding to develop a unique app is not simply a question. Because it is getting harder to stand out with your application now on the market or develop it in such a way that it be worth your time and budget.
Hence, we are going to cover 5 of the most important pitfalls to consider before you jump into mobile app development to make sure your solution will be truly successful and profitable in the results.
1. How Can a Mobile App Help My Business?
There are several ways that a mobile app can be helpful to your company, regardless of your niche or business model. Let’s cover the main ones:
● In the case you’re going to build an enterprise app or in other worlds app for internal usage, it can automate the more routine aspects of your daily operations.
● It can also improve internal communication among your team members.
● It can serve as a marketing channel for your business if you are going to build an app for your clients.
● When used in this way, a mobile app increases brand awareness and drives up more sales.
● The app can help you to provide a better quality of your services and better customer support.
● The app can help you to distinguish from competitors when your mobile solution solves end-user problems and provide functionality that competing apps do not.
● It also increases customer loyalty to your company, provided that it is appealing enough to keep them coming back. Indeed, 85% of users who have used c with their mobile phone say their experience was improved by that technology.
2. Why is Mobile App Development Important?
There are multiple reasons that mobile app development is vital in the modern business landscape.
For one thing, more individuals than ever are using mobile devices these days. They are attracted because of the convenience factor. MindSea reports: mobile users spend 87% of their time using apps, as opposed to 13% that exclusively use the web.
Hence, to outrank the competitors you have to follow this mobile trend.
What even more:
● mobile apps are truly efficient tools in increment your company’s overall effectiveness & productivity
● with a mobile application, you can provide better customer services and garner more sales
● with your mobile app analytics, you can get more insights on users
● using the app in the right way you can increase your marketing power
● you can scale up your clients’ engagement with your brand through the app
● your client retention can go up as well with the help of the app
● a unique app also allows you to stand out from the crowd in a hyper-competitive niche
3. Should I Build an App or a Mobile Website?
In almost all circumstances, the answer is going to be both, but in most cases, you need to build a perfect mobile website at first, and after that think about the app development.
Just keep in mind, that when you’re trying to decide whether to build a native app or a mobile website, the most appropriate choice is going to depend on your goals.
However, it rarely makes sense to build an app without already having a mobile website in place.
Generally, a mobile website should be your first step in developing a strong mobile web presence. An app is more useful if you have a highly specific purpose that cannot be effectively accomplished via a web browser.
4. What Should Companies Consider When Creating a Mobile App?
● Define your mobile solution goals
The app’s goals should be what you think of first when you get to the creation phase. As you develop the strategy for your digital solution, think about your organization. Consider your goals and beliefs.
Is your highest priority to create new revenue streams? Do you want an internal mobile solution that increases productivity?
● Understand your end-users needs
You should also make a sincere effort to understand your target users. What are their goals and requirements? What technologies are they likely to want to use?
This part of the process includes researching the platforms your users are already utilizing. You can gain an understanding of what their experience is like, including areas where they might feel that other apps are lacking. Focus groups are ideal as you collect information that you can apply to your app design.
Pro tip: android and ios app company can start with the development of MVP solution for your project at first. It means to release a basic, functional app as a foundation, enter the market more quickly and define what other functionalities or features might be useful when moving to the development of the native app.
● Decide on tech stack for your mobile app
In many cases, the goals for your app and what functionalities it needs to have will help determine what tech stack you choose. You should also decide at this stage on what databases you’ll want to utilize and think about your security measures.
The final decision on your mobile solution tech stack should depend on the project’s size, budget, timeline, future maintenance concerns, scalability, etc.
● Future-proofing and releases
You need to plan before you start with app development how often it will be updated in the future. When the app is released, it doesn’t mean the work on it is over, still, you have to check the app statistics and based on that analytics data as well as market trends, you can improve future versions of it.
● Monetization and marketing strategies for the money-making app
It is also wise to consider monetization and marketing strategies for the app if your overall goal is monetization. You should have a solid, well-thought-out business strategy before you sink a lot of your financial resources into the development phase.
5. Think about your app marketing
You should also think about the marketing of your app after it will be released. Besides, paid ads, content marketing think about such marketing channel for your app is social media. For example, the next ads strategies work well for mobile app:
● Social media advertising
For example, you can come up with some social media ads that will make people aware of the app when you are first launching it.
● Influencer marketing in social media
You might want to look into influencer marketing as well if there is room in your budget for it. You’ll need to do some research to come up with some likely candidates to whom your niche will respond favorably.
● Content marketing and crowd marketing on social media
You can create great content on your social media accounts to promote the app and try to get some positive buzz going for it. You can even run contests or promotions on social media where the only way to win prizes or get discounts is to download your app when it becomes available.
You can find relevant groups, forums, or questions where users are seeking solutions to their problems that your mobile app can help with, and recommend them in your answers to use your mobile app, which is a form of a crowd marketing.
Hence, now you know what pitfalls you need to consider and avoid before developing your mobile solution. Besides, you still have any hesitations on what tech stack to use or what features to build in your solution, use our free quote on mobile app development projects to avoid any incorrect decisions. Regardless of whether you choose to develop your app or not, keep in mind that the mobile trend is scaling incrementally.